Industrial production uses various kinds of mold and tooling. They include injection molding, blowing molding, die casting, forming punches, blanking punches, cold stamping or hot stamping dies or forging, etc. The methods of stamping products of various molds and tools needed are called mould or Tools. With the development of industry, electronics, automotive, aerospace, medical, and hardware as well as manufacturing production is inseparable from the mold and tools.
In the Mold, there are cores upper mold, and lower mold. And there are also many kinds of mold parts. They can be generally divided into standard mold parts and non-standard mold parts. The non-standard parts are also called custom-made parts or special parts.
1 Non-Standard Parts of Mold
The non-standard parts of the mold are generally specific and special-shaped. as we mentioned above, also can be called custom parts or special components. In general, these non-standard parts are processed and machined by the factory according to customers’ drawings with requirements. Usually, these non-standard parts have higher precision requirements. custom-made mold parts‘ precision sometimes is up to 0.001 MM tolerance.
Some of the non-standard parts are re-machined or re-grinded from the standard parts. Based on the standard parts in the market with standard sizes, customers need to change some shapes and sizes. After being re-processed by CNC work, the standard parts are machined into non-standard parts.
2 Standard Parts of Mold
Standard parts refer to the national standard of different countries. For example, Japan MISUMI/O standard, US DME/O standard, German HASCO/O standard, German FIBRO standard, and Spanish CUMSA/O standard, etc.
Standard parts of the mold are standard, which is standardized without special request. These standard parts can be directly used in molds and tools. such as plastic injection mold, cold/hot stamping molds, punching, forming or metal blanking die, etc. They also can be used in some automated systems.
These standard parts can be categorized into three types:
Hardware Forming Stamping Parts
They roughly include:
1. H straight blade forming punch, type A secondary punch, punch, type B, type K sprout punch, type A lash punch, punch;
2. Concave die, bushing, high-speed steel round bar, ultra-small particle tungsten steel round bar, powder high-speed steel round bar;
3. Lifting pin, pin, screw, positioning pin to stop (fixed pin), such as sleeve, guide pin, guide sleeve, precision grade chrome plated guide pillar;
4. The precision grade copper titanium alloy guide bush, self-lubricating guide bush, inner guide pillar components;
5. Mold base with sliding guide pin components, mold base with ball guide pin components,
6. Can be disassembled ball guide pin components, guide pin components’
7. Steel ball set (cage), the independent guide column, hexagon screws, such as screws, etc.
Plastic Mold Parts
They roughly include:
1. Single section shoot tip, double shoot tip, double shoot tip, flat tip, flat tip;
2. Positioning column, guide sleeve, straight sets of plastic mold, stele, guide sleeve, straight sets of plastic mold, set, positioning column;
3. Square auxiliary apparatus, stereotaxic block group guide an auxiliary device, A, B, C type filling mouth, fixed ring type A, B, standard mechanical switch apparatus, small square auxiliary device;
4. Shuikou special sprue bushing, gate standard special sprue bushing, mold date indicating device, resin switch device;
5. Water stop switch, plastic mold with the finished tip, lead, barrel, small C;
6. Brace rod tip, pull the pin, plastic mold guide pin, rod, pin, spring, thimble, ejector, garbage, etc.
Automation System Machinery Parts
They roughly include:
1. Guide shaft bearing, retaining ring, linear bearings, ball guide shaft, oil-free bushings, single axis robot, drive, linear guide;
2. Linear slide rail, cable protection chain, ball screw, bearing components, trapezoidal screw, sliding screw, shaft, bearing;
3. Cantilever pin hinge pin, protection by steps, screw, shaft coupling, motor, synchronous belt wheel, idler, synchronous toothed belt, free key bushing, flat belt, round belt;
4. Pulley, idler wheel, roller, transmission parts, gear, sprocket, chain, conveyor, positioning pin, a fixture with bushing, positioning parts;
5. Slide, lens, LED illuminator, check seat, sensors, switches, probes, pillar, bearing, clamp, and check fixtures.
As a precision mold parts manufacturing supplier, we should have both abilities in machining standard parts and custom non-standard parts. Especially the non-standard special parts. There are usually in small quantities with an individual piece or several pieces. These individual parts according to drawing requirements need higher techniques and experiences and higher machining equipment demands.
And some of the special parts are in need of hard metal materials for machining, such as tungsten carbide, or High-Speed Steel (HSS). The hard alloy metal is difficult to cut and process, it requires high-grade profile grinding machines. They are hard work, but if we keep an exact and serious attitude all the time, and with sophisticated skills, they also seem easy work.
So There’s all about the content of standard parts and non-standard parts. Welcome to discuss with us the topics, and inquiry us the customized parts.
Leave A Comment